Date last amended: 27/10/2020
1.1 Worcester Snoezelen is committed to protecting the privacy of all its members, their families, carers, guardians and all supporters, subscribers and funders. Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 Worcester Snoezelen is required to explain to you why we are asking for this information about you, how we intend to use the information you provide and under what circumstances it may be shared.
2. WORCESTER SNOEZELEN IS:
2.1 Worcester Snoezelen – an independent registered charity – is a leisure therapy centre specifically set up to offer multi-sensory and creative activities for people who have a diverse range of needs and disabilities. Snoezelen provides accessible and inclusive activities which promote relaxation, well- being, stimulation and socialising. The centre comprises of 4 multi-sensory rooms, a hydrotherapy pool, soft play area, Music and Art rooms.
3. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU:
3.1 We will collect personal information from you:
- by way of asking you to complete our Registration form,
- if you make a donation,
- if you volunteer your services
- if you fundraise for, promote or support us
- if you use our social media functions
- if you buy goods from us via our website
3.2 Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when accessing our website and/ or the Centre, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
3.3 This policy applies only to information given directly to Worcester Snoezelen and not via third party organisations for example making a donation via a donation site.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTED:
4.1 Worcester Snoezelen will collect the following personal data as necessary: • name
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information – postcode, age group, preferences and interests
- special category data – health conditions, behavioural issues/ triggers, preferences
- financial data
- family/ support/ carer information
5. OUR USE OF SNOEZELEN MEMBER INFORMATION COLLECTED:
5.1 In accordance with Data Protection laws, we need a ‘legal basis’ for collecting and using information about you. There are a variety of different legal bases for processing personal data which are set out in the Data Protection laws. The lawful basis on which we rely in order to use the information which we collect about you will be:
- Using your information in this way is necessary for us to perform the contract between us
- It is necessary in relation to the provision of health or social care
- That you have provided your explicit consent
5.2 Your personal information will be used –
- to process your requests
- to understand your needs and provide you with services tailored to those needs
- where you have consented – to provide you with information relating to our services which we think you may be interested in
- to comply with legal obligations – for example to process Gift Aid declarations and carry out due diligence on large donations received
5.3 Additionally Worcester Snoezelen relies on legitimate interest as the lawful basis to use information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our services.
- Charity Governance to include delivery of our charitable purposes, statutory and financial reporting and other regulatory compliance purposes.
- From time to time and where you have consented – to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, text, telephone or mail.
5.4 We will retain your information for as long as you remain a Member or for 18 months after the last use of our services.
5.5 We will remove all traces of any electronic records and physically shred all paper copies containing information immediately should you inform us you no longer wish to be a Snoezelen member.
6. FOR CAMPAIGNING AND MARKETING PURPOSES:
6.1 Worcester Snoezelen will always seek to promote our services and to raise funds as quickly, relevantly and effectively as possible so that we can continue to deliver services for people living with diverse or specific needs.
6.2 We may use data analysis and profiling techniques to ensure our communications are relevant and timely, and to provide an improved experience for our supporters. We do this because it allows us to understand the background of the people who support us and helps us to make appropriate requests to supporters – for example for further donations or to leave a gift in their will.
6.3 We occasionally use data from publicly available sources like the Charity Commission register, Companies House directorships, social media websites such as LinkedIn and newspaper articles. We occasionally use this data to approach individuals to invite them to special supporter events.
6.4 On occasion we may invite you to participate in surveys or research about Worcester Snoezelen or our work to help us improve our website, fundraising etc. Participation is voluntary and no individuals will be identified as a result of this research, unless you consent to us publishing your feedback.
6.5 Our normal practice is to keep in contact with supporters for a maximum of eighteen months after their last activity for example making a donation, taking part in an event, signing a petition or volunteering.
6.6 For supporter groups who have an ongoing involvement with Worcester Snoezelen – we will continue to communicate until informed otherwise. This applies for example if you have notified us that you intend to leave a legacy in your Will. Legacy income is vital to the running of the charity and in order to carry out legacy administration and communicate effectively with the families of people leaving us legacies, we therefore may keep the data you provide us in the long term. This also enables us to identify and analyse the source of legacy income we receive.
6.7 If you do not wish us to use the profiling and data analysis techniques described above in relation to your personal data, please contact us on email@example.com
6.8 Worcester Snoezelen relies on legitimate interest to use information for the following purposes:
- Fundraising and Campaigning to include administering campaigns, grants and donations
- Sending direct marketing by post (and in some cases making marketing calls) and maintaining a communication suppression list.
7. SHARING INFORMATION:
7.1 We will only share your information with our partners and other carefully selected organisations where you have consented to us doing so. 7.2 There may be cases where we are obliged to share information with outside agencies – for example the Police or safeguarding organisations.
8.1 Worcester Snoezelen is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This is done by submitting all personal identifiable data to an online encrypted server which can only be accessed by unique passcodes held by our members of staff, these passcodes are not written anywhere so cannot be accessed by anyone other than staff. All paper copies of information will be cross shredded after they have been scanned for our records.
8.2 Only relevant members of Snoezelen staff will access the information you provide to us.
9. YOUR RIGHTS:
In relation to the information which we hold about you, you are entitled to:
- Ask us for access to the information
- Ask us to rectify the information where it is inaccurate or is incomplete
- Ask us to erase the information and take steps to ask others with whom we have shared your information to also erase it
- Ask us to limit what we do with your information
- Object to our use of your information and ask us to stop that use
- Instruct us to provide you with the information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used format or transmit that information directly to another organisation
- Our obligations to comply with the above rights are subject to certain exemptions
- Where we are using your information because you have provided your consent to that use, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. The lawfulness of our use of your information before consent was withdrawn is not affected.
- To exercise any of the rights referred to above, you should contact Jane Roberts – Chief Officer, Worcester Snoezelen, 3 Turnpike Close, Worcester, WR2 6AB